Anglican Men’s Society

 
 
A.M.S. – Anglican Men’s Society


The inaugural meeting of the Church of England Men’s Society was held at St John’s on 15th July 1910. Since that time the Society has been the embodiment of our church life, playing a pivotal role in continued commitment.

The men serve in many roles from Eucharistic Assistants, Parish Council members, Synod Representatives through the collection and distribution of food parcels for Anglicare and goods for the Op Shop to caring for the gardens and maintenance of the church and adjacent buildings.

These buildings include the Rectory. They also participate in church functions such as the Annual Fair.

They hold bi-monthly breakfasts prior to which members attend a special Mass. A close bond has been formed with Ballarat sister Anglican churches who are welcomed into our midst.
The Society has always had a strong bond with the Parish priests on the many important matters of Church life.
Comments